Wednesday, February 15, 2017

A Chill Valentine's Day



The only reason I know anything about St. Valentine is because on Valentine's Day when we were kids, Mom would sometimes read us a book about him and once we watched a movie about him. All I really remember is that he was a martyr, so he died for love of God, so I'd say that's a good thing to celebrate.
Rose it's your first Valentine's Day!
Rose and I had a great day. We ran a bunch of errands in the city and had a couple great visits with friends.

Rose will you be my Valentine and accept all my kisses forever and ever?
Unfortunately, in all the busyness, Rose barely got any sleep. She usually has 2-3 good sized naps every day, but just doesn't sleep well away from home (she sleeps pretty well while driving though luckily!). So by the time we got home around supper time Rose was a little delirious. I was tired and hungry and there were a bunch of groceries to bring in from the car. I couldn't put Rose down, though, because my usually super content baby was really needing to be held.

Anway, this really isn't anything to complain about, but for some reason my mood was run thin and all I could think about was having a nice long bath once Rose went to sleep. Matt was coaching basketball so he wasn't getting home until later, so I thought we'd maybe just do something small on the weekend or something and count it as Valentine's day in my head. Anyway, I had completely forgotten about it being Valentine's Day since we hadn't planned on doing much. When Matt came home he had a bouquet of flowers for me and snacks for us to eat, and I teared up, which he probably didn't understand but I kind of stammered an explanation about not eating supper yet and Rose being fussy.

We put Rose to sleep and Matt brought up that if I wanted to we could play this question game that I loved playing when we were dating. It's not even a game, it's just literally taking turns asking each other any question under the sun. I was super touched and excited simply because I know that Matt fulfills his question answering quota x1000 every day at work, so it was really thoughtful of him (I'm sure that what he actually wanted to do was relax and watch a movie or something). This question game is the way to my heart (words are my love language). Matt and I had a really chill evening hanging out together like the great friends that we are, and I absolutely loved it.

So it was a good Valentine's Day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment