Thursday, February 9, 2017

My Favourite Podcasts



I am very into podcasts right now. They make cleaning go by 1000 times faster, and I am learning so much and becoming inspired in so many ways. I thought I would share my favourite podcasts of the moment (honestly they could change next month)
! I have an android, so I either listen to podcasts on an app called Stitcher, or on the original websites via my laptop.



The Purposeful Home Podcast - Mom & Minimalism Podcast

I am a big fan of Allie Casazza and her take on simplifying life, and she and another mom just recently started releasing a podcast every Wednesday that I thoroughly enjoy. Allie Casazza's original podcasts are actually the first ones I ever listened to, and got me hooked. This podcast inspires me in my efforts to simplify, in being a wife and mom, and I also just enjoy listening because Allie and Kelsey are two very relatable and inspiring mamas.

The Fountains of Carrots Podcast - Mom & Catholic Podcast

Obviously I can relate to the two women who host this podcast - they're moms and they're Catholic. So I was super excited when I discovered it! I love this podcast because it is unique in that it combines motherhood and Catholicism, and I know this is getting redundant but I find them inspiring and relatable as well. Really that's why we'd listen to a podcast though, isn't it?

The Fr. Mike Schmitz Podcast & Catholic Stuff You Should Know - Catholic Podcasts

The Fr. Mike Schmitz Podcast is short and sweet and if you have never listened to Fr. Mike, you should, because he is AMAZING. He answers applicable questions in a succinct, knowledgable and approachable way. I'm a big fan. Catholic Stuff You Should Know is put on by four knowledgable and relatable priests, and they talk about all sorts of Catholic topics!

The Minimalists Podcast - Minimalist Podcast (self explanatory...)

"The Minimalists" are two guys who I found out about via the documentary on minimalism that is on Netflix. I find this podcast to be so informative and inspiring in relation to all things simplifying, in all areas of life but specifically in the area of "stuff." This podcast is really well done and I find I get something out of every episode I listen to.

Paleo Quick Tip of the Day - Health Podcast

Okay it is super random that I listen to this podcast, because I definitely don't eat Paleo. For those who don't know, a Paleo diet (from my understanding) is basically eating what people ate in the Paleolithic times, so waaaaay back in the day. It's getting back to basics with food, and just eating "real" food as they say. I definitely do not follow this diet, however I really get something out of these quick little podcast episodes. Each episode is 5 to 10 minutes, so they are super quick easy to listen to. I like them because they help give me ideas and inspiration in regards to being more healthy in general. I have always had a hard time digesting carbs, sugar, and processed foods, so a lot of Jay's little tips apply to me. Also, I don't think it's ever a bad thing for me to hear little ways I can eat more "real food" and just be a healthier individual. That podcast needed a lot of justification... it's great though! Even if, like me, you aren't on a Paleo diet.

Those are my favourite podcasts to listen to right now!

If you also enjoy any of these podcasts, or have any recommendations of podcasts you think I'd like, please leave a comment! What are your guys' favourite podcasts? I'm pretty new to podcasts and am discovering this whole new world of free knowledge and inspiration at my fingertips. How did I not discover this earlier?!

2 comments:

  1. I love that you talked most about the Paleo one, it definitely sounds like a good idea though - I feel like we are eating way too much junk lately.

    Great post, you inspire me to listen to more podcasts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I know, I felt the need to justify it since I don't eat Paleo! I just like getting inspired to eat less processed foods, sugar and carbs since as you know they really affect me and make me feel like crap haha. No willpower though ;).

      Podcasts are so amazing! And they're free! I'm in such a podcast phase right now hahaha.

      Delete