Tuesday, February 7, 2017

The Day to Day Stuff


Tuesday

Today is Tuesday, and it's been a good day. I woke up so tired because I couldn't fall asleep until 1:00 am last night (this is seriously a problem, I don't know if I have to give up coffee - not possible - or  actually implement the recommendation of not going on your phone an hour before bed - difficult - but I really need to solve this not-falling-asleep problem!), so I put Rose in the jolly jumper in the door of our bedroom and got an extra 20 minutes of sleep in as she bounced happily. I have to position myself on the bed in a way that she can see my (sleeping) face, otherwise she freaks out because she thinks she is alone. 

Matt took the car today, and I forgot to ask him to move the carseat into the truck, so Rose and I had to walk to the post office because I had something I needed to get sent off today. The sun was very deceiving and it was a colder than it looked. I half-jogged home because I was worried Rose's face would get too cold.

The day was good because I was so productive! I just felt like writing in my blog but I made a list of things I wanted to get done before I let myself blog and for once I actually stuck to it and accomplished all the housework I wanted to do. 

It was also good because I opened up all the blinds so there was a lot of sunlight in my life today, and because I put up my new bird feeder outside my kitchen window. I really hope a bird comes to it but my hopes aren't high, there's no trees near or in our backyard :(. It is worth a try though!

Drinking my coffee on the counter because Rose was really wanting that mug of coffee (she knows what's good!).

Monday

I guess we are moving backwards in time. Yesterday was not as good as today. I was so so tired, and the coffee and my nap (that I took while Rose napped) didn't wake me up. The tiredness was my own fault though, and it was worth it. I stayed up too late on the weekend talking with my friend Olivia. Which brings me to...

The weekend

I went to visit my family on the weekend because my sister who is in school for photography had a thesis night where her class presented their thesis projects in the theatre at the school. My sister's project was called Disconnected, and it was meant to make people think about the impact our phones can have on our interactions with the people and world around us. In a really compelling way, she showed that by choosing to stare at our screens, we can close ourselves off to the beauty that's right in front of us. If you would like to watch her thesis video, it's right here.

My childhood best friend (we became friends when we were 9. I saw her at the park at a homeschool event and decided I wanted to be her friend...) lives 5 hours away from me, so the best way for us to see each other is for her to come to Edmonton when I go to visit my parents. She dropped her toddler off with her mom and brought her baby who is a month older than Rose.

If arranged marriages were still a thing...
It was so refreshing and awesome to be able to have those honest, open, deep talks with a good friend (or two - my sister hung out with us the first night). Hence me choosing not to go to bed, but rather to stay up and talk. Those times are more rare now, so I gotta take advantage of them when they come along!

Olivia also has a blog where she writes about her adventures with her two little boys. It's called Fishies In A Row if you want to check it out!

It was also so great seeing my family, as always. Rose is probably going to grow up thinking she is a celebrity, based on how many huge fans she has in our extended family (16 - soon to be 18 - aunts and uncles, and 4 adoring grandparents). Also based on the amount of paparazzi photos of her. Look I'm even making up fake relationships ^ and posting about them on the internet...

Speaking of Rose, here is her little 8 month update! I was late doing it because I didn't have any way to weigh her. She is 23 pounds! So big!!!




So now here I am, sitting on the kitchen floor with chili cooking, Rose crawling and playing next to me. I think I will miss these quiet days with Rose, because I am sure things will get a bit more hectic down the road! Especially if we have more kiddies! I thought I would write about the little going ons of my day-to-day life, I hope you enjoyed. Always feel free to leave a comment if you read a post, it makes me so happy to see that people read my blog! I'm think I am going to start letting people know on Instagram when I publish new blog posts. Hopefully people don't mind! It's the best way I can think of to let people know when I've posted, in case they're interested in reading :)

Happy Tuesday friends!

9 comments:

  1. Love the pictures of Rose (that red dress is seriously adorable), and I loved reading a day in your life. I definitely think it's a good idea to post on Instagram when you've written!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought that dress for $4 when I was at Value Village with you once! Best find, I love it :) Thanks Liver! I think I'm gonna.

      Delete
  2. I feel famous - you linked my video in your blog! Thanks! I love how your stories always give me an image I can create in my head haha. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I link you in like every blog because I always use pictures you take:) Thanks Monsie :)

      Delete
  3. I love this blog Alicia! You are such a great writer and have such a positive outlook on life!! Keep em' coming:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lyndsie! It is so nice of you to take the time to read it :)

      Delete
  4. Alicia! Thank you so much for braving the cold since it was me who got you to go to the post office to send me my charger! I am glad Rose didn't get frost bite! But maybe you need that morning fresh air since you had such a good day that day haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alicia! Thank you so much for braving the cold since it was me who got you to go to the post office to send me my charger! I am glad Rose didn't get frost bite! But maybe you need that morning fresh air since you had such a good day that day haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Haha ya she was fine :) I probably do! It's so much easier to motivate myself to go out when it's not winter though... and when I have someone to walk with as well!

      Delete