Saturday, August 4, 2018

New Baby On the Way!


I am so excited that we are welcoming baby number two into our family!!! Due November 7th (my parents anniversary), and I'm currently 26 weeks.

I was trying not to get my hopes up that we were pregnant that particular month (it had only been a couple months after the miscarriage but I was really excited to get pregnant again), but Matt insisted I pick up a pregnancy test and try it even though it was a little early to. I peed on the stick and left it in the bathroom and as per our strange tradition Matt went and looked at it first. He came into our room and said, "You're pregnant Alicia," with a smile.

"I don't believe you, let me see!" The second line was sooooo faint. "Matt I'm not pregnant I can barely even see this line!" (still not wanting to get my hopes up).

I went to the store and bought another pregnancy test and that second line was more obvious, and so I got super excited :)


My sister-in-law was the first to find out because she offered me a glass of wine and I am such a terrible liar and I made some weird excuse about being sick, then saw Matt grinning at me because it was so lame and just burst out and told her. I don't know how people keep it a secret for a long time! Refusing a drink is a dead giveaway for me ;) We then told the rest of the family really quickly and they were all super happy for us!

17 Weeks


The first trimester was.... TERRIBLE. I am not a fan of nausea, basically all I could do for the first trimester was lie on the couch and feed Rose three meals a day. That's it. Ha. My house got so messy and one day my sister came over and cleaned it from top to bottom for 3 HOURS, she is such a wonderful person. Thankfully it went away right at 12 weeks just like it did with Rose, I'm super grateful for that, I know some women deal with it a lot longer.

I have actually found this second trimester to not be too bad (besides for getting headaches, but I way prefer headaches to nausea and have found ways to deal with them and prevent them a bit), and am loving all the little kicks. I'm in the sweet spot where I'm not super uncomfortable yet, and we have had such a fun and amazing summer where I am so distracted by camping and having so much fun (and LOVING having Matt off for the summer) so... and I thought I would never say this as a pregnant woman... the weeks of the second trimester have been flying by.



















We are keeping the gender of this baby a surprise (our compromise because I love finding out and we found out that Rose was a girl so I said we could have a surprise for this baby since Matt really likes the idea of keeping it a surprise). I am excited for the surprise at the end but mostly so CURIOUS! Are you a girl in there? A boy? Should I be collecting boy clothes? What are we going to name you? AHHHH!!! I am sure that moment we find out will be so special though :)

I am finding this pregnancy different from Rose's. I think because I know what it feels like to get to know your baby and love them an unimaginable amount, I am that much more excited because I just know how much I will LOVE this baby. With Rose there was a lot more unknown, I just had no clue what being a mom to a baby on the outside would feel like. I'm a little bit nervous about having a newborn and a toddler but I mean it's been done before so it must be possible right? ;)

Just us and our little peanut on our anniversary trip to Waterton

I am so grateful that God has blessed us with this little life and can't wait for all the snuggles and to see Rose as a big sister, she seems to have such a sweet nurturing personality (and takes care of her dolls constantly) and I think she will be a wonderful big sister. So excited!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment